Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Breast Implants at 83: WHAT???

ABC News published an article today about an 83-year old senior woman who received breast implants. I have no problem with this, as she can do whatever she wants with her body; I totally get it. However, I honed in and was a little disturbed by some things she said.

"It was more about looking in the mirror and liking who I am."

and

"I want my children to be proud of what I look like."

She clearly has a negative image of her physical self. To correct this, she elected to undergo the procedure. She wants her "children to be proud" of what she looks like. PROUD OF WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE?

Forget the fact that she has four children, 13 grandchildren, 12 great-grandchildren, and is a busy, energetic property manager in Orange County, CA. She's probably a wonderful mother and grandmother. Why is it so important for her children and their children to be PROUD of what she looks like?

I believe that there are issues involved that, once addressed, she wouldn't have had to resort to surgery. The surgery is just a band-aid for other issues that lie beneath the surface. Self-esteem, confidence, self-image, and other issues can be addressed very successfully with hypnotherapy. She could have saved herself a lot of money and the risk of surgery.

For more information about how hypnosis can help you with your own self-confidence and self-esteem, visit Sanders Hypnosis Center of Maryland.

Breast Implants at 83: Senior Citizens Elect More Plastic Surgery Than Ever Before - ABC News

No comments:

Post a Comment